This site provides comprehensive information on all the services currently available to schools, academies and other organisations from West Berkshire Council.
West Berkshire Council has a great deal of experience and expertise in providing support and services to schools. There are many benefits to buying services from the Local Authority:
• We are committed to supporting schools to make the best possible use of their resources in order to maximise the impact on raising educational standards for pupils.
• We have an experienced and highly trained workforce familiar with the work of schools and in the context in which they operate.
• We ensure our services are compliant with legal requirements and national standards
• We are committed to improving the lives of children.
Health and Wellbeing in Schools Hub - November 2019
Health and Wellbeing in Schools Update - November 2019
Live Well, Learn Well
The clocks have moved, the days are getting shorter and this is the time of year our sense of Wellbeing may be under more pressure.
Knowing this provides an opportunity to shine a light on Wellbeing and take time to reflect on –
· How is my sleep?
· Do the dark nights and morning’s impact on my levels of physical activity?
· Is there a desire to eat more comfort food?
· How much time is spent with family and friends?
Public Health England have launched Every Mind matters self –care tool. Find out more in the new issue of the Hub.
New resources to encourage students to explore the benefits of sleep on the brain and the body from Rise Above and are also featured in the Hub.
Also in this issue of the Hub –
· New Young Health Champions at The Willink School
· 74% of schools took part in the recent West Berkshire PSHE survey
· Dates for Health and Wellbeing in Award, 5 Ways to Wellbeing and Healthy lifestyles workshops for school based staff.
· A jam packed calendar of events.
County Lines Exploitation
New - the Home Office has produced a new poster setting out the vulnerabilities for County Lines
West Berkshire Council and LSCB have produced a range of resources to raise awareness of Child Exploitation and how young people can keep themselves and their friends safe.
These resources have been designed and developed by young people in West Berkshire. Schools can download the PDF files for display in school. To support schools a guide for displaying Health and Wellbeing resources has been produced.
Information for schools on national pay award - 2019
Information for schools on how to apply the national pay award, following publication of the STPCD 2019
World Mental Health Day 2019
Here is the guide for schools and signposting for staff wellbeing to support World Mental Health day 10th October 2019